Curiosity Challenge (Grades 4-5) June 24 - 28, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at University of Portland
- It all began with curiosity? Albert Einstein believed he had no special talent beyond being passionately curious. Explore the science of observation, art of questions and power of curiosity. Can the sun power a car? How do pollinators find specific plants? Why do stars shine? Your challenge is to find questions that have yet to be answered!
Comic Book Camp (Grades 6-8) July 8 - 12, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Five meetings Mon. - Fri. at Central Catholic High School
- Make your own comic! Learn storytelling and drawing techniques used by professional cartoonists and graphic novelists to engage your audience. Practice what you learn and create your own published story.
The Art of Animals: Drawing and Photography (Grades 4-6) July 22 - 26, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Portland Community College - Rock Creek
- Capture the beauty of animals on paper! Spend a week capturing the nature of animals--including llamas, horses, and rabbits--on paper through drawing and photography. Study animal anatomy and experiment with various media to apply drawing fundamentals such as line, shape, and color. Explore photography basics including composition, perspective and light in this hands-on, on-the-farm class!
The Art of Nature Camp: Drawing & Photography (Grades 4-6) Aug. 12 - 16, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at University of Portland
- Capture the beauty of nature on paper! Spend a week capturing the beauty of nature--flowers, trees, rivers and more--on paper through drawing and photography. Experiment with various media to apply drawing fundamentals such as line, shape, and color. Explore photography basics including composition, perspective and light in this hands-on class!
Pen to Paper: A Crafty Cursive Camp (Grades 4-8) July 29 - Aug. 2, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at St. Mary's Academy
- Craft a pen & let the writing flow! Explore writing from an arts and crafts perspective. Carve your own bamboo pen, learn how paper is made and make inks from natural materials. Learn and practice various forms of handwriting, including calligraphy and cursive styles. Create works of art as you keep the art of the handwritten word alive!
Academic Summit (Grades 6-8) June 24 - 28, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at University of Portland
- Powered by nature! From photosynthesis to solar power - nature is the source of life and human innovation. Explore renewable energy, artificial intelligence in food systems, astronomy, and art and biomimicry design for solutions to global challenges. Imagine a future where creativity, biology and technology work together towards social innovation.
Comic Book Camp: Global Mythology (Grades 6-8) July 15 - 19, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Five meetings Mon. - Fri. at MET (Muslim Educational Trust)
- Write and draw your own comic book! Learn storytelling and visual techniques used by professional cartoonists and graphic novelists to engage your audience. Draw inspiration from mythology from a wide variety of cultures.
Animation Academy (Grades 7-12) June 24 - 28, 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Portland State University
- Bring your art to life through animation! This intensive course will teach students to harness the power of Adobe Animate®. Taught by a professional animator, students will learn both the technical aspects of the software, as well as the core fundamentals of animation to create their own short films just like the pros!
Graphic Design: Publication Workshop (Grades 9-12) June 24 - 28, 8:30 - 3:30 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Pacific University
- Design and print your own publication! Learn the basic principles of graphic design while creating and circulating your own zine. From Thomas Paine’s Common Sense to the social activism pamphlets of the 1960s, independently published zines have a rich history in American culture and feature a diverse range of topics today. Share your passion with others by editing, designing, and printing your own zine.