Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Salary Range:$50,000-57,000 (full time), depending on experience.
Benefits: Includes full health, dental and 401k; 10 vacation days and 12 sick days and 10 holidays per year.
The mission of Saturday Academy is to engage children through in-depth learning so they may become life-long learners. We provide hands-on classes and camps, after-school programs and a high school apprenticeship program in science and engineering (ASE). Since it was founded in 1983, SA has served over 185,000 students and currently serves approximately 6,000 students each year. SA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization affiliated with the University of Portland (UP). We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering, math due to the fast pace of change in these fields and the need for these skills in 21st Century careers.
The Director of Operations is responsible for strategy development, management, implementation, logistics and monitoring of operations for all of Saturday Academy’s programs. This includes managing registration, IT, technology, lease agreements, transportation, purchasing, and partnership contracts for all of our programs and as well as Saturday Academy’s office requirements. We are seeking a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading a management team, and developing a performance culture. This position supervises three full time staff as well as additional summer support staff and volunteers. It is supervised by the Executive Director. Close coordination and communication with all staff members is essential.
- College education, BA/BS or comparable experience
- Enjoy helping people and have a commitment to education
- 3+ years of experience in strategic and hands-on management of daily operations in a complex nonprofit, foundation, or business environment.
- Proven ability to create annual and long-term operations plans, prioritize and delegate, anticipate future consequences, increase efficiency and lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communications skills.
- Develop and implement succession plans for shifts in staffing.
- Experience in managing finances and negotiating contracts for leases, insurance, personnel and create systems and strategies to mitigate liability.
- Excellent computer (hardware and software; Excel, Word, Outlook, Google, Access) skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor
- Ability to work or attend occasional SA events on evenings and weekends
- Access to a reliable insured vehicle for external meetings, events, and material delivery.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Advanced degree or certifications in management, business operations.
- Spanish or other language speaking skills
- Direct experience with Salesforce database
Send a cover letter specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications and a resume listing contact information for at least three references as a single document to Jeri Janowsky, Ph.D. Executive Director, Saturday Academy at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “Operations Director” Confirmation of the receipt of your email will be sent to the email address you use to submit your application. For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org. Review of applications will begin August 6th and continue until the position is filled.
Saturday Academy seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. To learn more, read Our Equity Statement.