Each summer we partner with the Audubon Society to provide day- and overnight-camps. This year our Audubon camps are:
Archery & Wilderness Skills (grades 6-8) Aug. 19 - 24, 9 AM - 5 PM, Six meetings, Sun. - Fri. at Wallace City Park (This is an overnight camp.)
- Join us for a week of adventure! Travel back through time and learn to shoot a bow and other primitive skills based on shelter, water, fire and food. Learn friction fire techniques, debris hut construction, animal tracking and natural navigation. Enhance your leadership skills in this hands-on outdoor camp on Mt. Hood.
Audubon East Explorers: Jr. Wildlife Veterinarian (grades 4-5) Jul. 16 - 20, 8:45 AM - 4:15 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Arthur Academy
- Explore the role that wildlife veterinarians play in helping injured native and/or endangered species. Travel to local rehabilitation centers in Oregon and tour Audubon's own Wildlife Care Center. Visit Wolf Haven International to learn about what experts are doing to help protect wild wolves.
Audubon East Explorers: Let's Go Birding (grades 2-3) Jul. 9 - 13, 8:45 AM - 4:15 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Arthur Academy
- Learn how to identify and appreciate the wonderful, colorful birds that call Portland home. Spend time learning how to use binoculars to search out our feathered friends and build your own bird feeder to take home and attract them to your own yard. Take time with your new flock to create various art projects to compliment your new bird knowledge!
Audubon East Explorers: Monkeyin' Around (grades 6-8) Jul. 23 - 27, 8:45 AM - 4:15 PM, Five Meetings, Mon. - Fri. at Arthur Academy
- Do you like adventuring high above the ground? Then this is the perfect camp for you! Test your limits and expand your experiences. Experience challenges and team-building games on the ground and then harness up to climb spectacular trees, guided by expert staff from Tree Climbing Planet. The week culminates with a high ropes challenge course at Tree to Tree Adventure Park. Support your partners as we take safe, guided risks as a team, leaping into the unknown and emerging with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
San Juan Island Adventure
(grades 6-8) June 24 - 29, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Six meetings, Sun. - Fri.
(grades 6-8) July 15 - 20, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Six meetings, Sun. - Fri.
(grades 9-12) Aug. 12 - 18, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Seven meetings, Sun. - Sat.
- During this action-packed week, travel by ferry into Puget Sound. Explore life forms large and small in the islands’ rich biodiversity. Keep lookout for pods of Orca whales, seek out elusive river otters and birdwatch to your heart’s content, keeping an ever-viligant eye for bald eagles. Learn to sea kayak, visit the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor and head out to sea for whale watching. Hike the forests of Orcas Island and swim in mountain lakes. Spend three nights in Moran State Park and spend the rest of the week at a campsite on San Juan Island overlooking the Sound.
- NOTE: These are overnight camps.