Kids from grades two through nine can go beyond the bricks and build their engineering, physics and robotics skills in our array of LEGO-based classes.
Grades 2 - 4
- Lego: WeDo Robotics 2.0 Create a helicopter, bee or robot using LEGO WeDo 2.0 and bluetooth technology. Direct your creation to perform simple tasks. Have fun exploring science, technology, mechanical engineering and computer programming.
Grades 3 - 5
- LEGO Physics: Intro Discover the workings of simple machines like levers, pulleys and gears. Construct a bridge and other devices using gears and cams to add movement. Build your own movable objects to learn about structural design, mechanical engineering and physics.
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3: Intro Build a puppy, gyro boy, a sorter or a robotic arm. Become familiar with the different sensors and program your robot to use its touch, sound, light,color and ultrasonic sensors to solve scientific and everyday challenges.
Grades 4 - 6
- LEGO Physics: Level I (Gears & Cams) Apply physics principles to solve real-world problems. Investigate structural designs and employ gears, cams and pendulums to explore kinetic and stored energy. Build towers, ping-pong launchers and solve the puzzle of the contents of the “mystery boxes.”
- LEGO Physics: Level II (Motors & Movement) Build and improve a motorized crane, a “Tug-Bot” and a steerable car. Investigate the fundamentals of robotic development. Use acceleration, velocity and electric motors to create sophisticated projects. Choose a project of your own or work on challenges suggested by your instructor.
Grades 5 - 7
- LEGO Sumo Wrestling Robots Learn the mechanical principles of robotics as you design and build a Sumo wrestling robot. Use LEGO Mindstorms EV3 software to challenge its opponent in the ring. Program your robot to use touch, light/color and ultrasonic sensors to compete for the championship.
Grades 6 - 8
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Learn the mechanical principles of robotics as you design and build a Sumo wrestling robot. Use LEGO Mindstorms EV3 software to challenge its opponent in the ring. Program your robot to use touch, light/color and ultrasonic sensors to compete for the championship.
Grades 5 - 9
- LEGO Engineering Explore engineering career paths. Apply engineering and design processes to solve real-world problems. Build and test bridges, towers, cranes and cars. Learn about sustainable engineering and explore the power of solar and renewable energies. Create, build and improve your designs as a team.