Title: Operations Associate
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
Salary: $31,200, plus full medical, dental, 401K and disability benefits
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7,000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state-wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering and math. Saturday Academy is seeking a problem solver with a passion for STEM, learning or operations. The program associate will be a key member of the operations team and will be responsible for helping all aspects of organizational operations.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Frontline Customer Service and performing functions of daily operations
- Answering phones and providing stakeholders with information about SA programs
- Registering students and problem solving online registration issues using Salesforce
- Supporting program logistics and program planning
- Creating, updating and maintaining excel spreadsheets
- Posting jobs, compiling application materials, scheduling interviews and conducting phone screenings
- Coordinating volunteers
- Assisting the Director of Operations, as directed
- Assisting the IT associate, as directed
- Prepare and stage supply kits
- Be a role model to students and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including instructors, staff, students and parents
- Work as part of a team
- Treat everybody with respect, honesty and kindness as a representative of Saturday Academy
- CPR/First Aid certified
Send a brief statement addressing the required qualifications, a resume, and the weeks you are available to work to Eric Polgar, Director of Operations, at email@example.com Use the subject line “SA Ops Associate”. Confirmation of the receipt of your email will be sent to the email address you use to submit your application.
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment fingerprint-based criminal background and reference checks.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Saturday Academy seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. To learn more, read Our Equity Statement.