Title: Marketing Coordinator
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5 PM
Type: Full time non-exempt
Salary: $34,000-$38,000 depending on experience; includes full health, dental and 401k and vacation benefits
Saturday Academy (SA: www.saturdayacademy.org) exists to respond to children’s curiosity and to engage them in learning with sufficient depth that they will become life-long learners. We provide hands-on workshops, classes, summer day camps, afterschool programs, accelerated learning programs for talented and gifted students, and a high school apprenticeship program in science and engineering (ASE). Saturday Academy offers generous financial aid so that all students are able to participate. 43% of SA students are from underserved communities. The instructors are experts in their fields so that children see adults as guides to learning and careers. Since it was founded in 1983, SA has served over 185,000 students and currently serves approximately 5,500 students each year. SA partners with over 60 institutions that provide computer and science laboratories, space, or mentorships. SA is affiliated with the University of Portland (UP) and our headquarters are on the UP campus in North Portland.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for project management of print collateral for all departments with external graphic designers and printers. The Coordinator also will ensure curated marketing content is shared across all media platforms. Responsibilities include coordinating media, messaging, and support for events. This position will interact closely with school and parent groups to secure speaking engagements for senior staff as well as offering content for school newsletters. In addition, this position will manage external vendors and volunteers as outlined in Saturday Academy’s marketing plan. The Marketing Coordinator will be supervised by Dr. Jeri Janowsky, Executive Director. Close coordination and communication with all staff members is essential.
- College education, BA/BS in marketing, business, communications, nonprofit management or related area or comparable experience
- Enjoy helping people and have a commitment to education
- 2 years of experience in marketing and communications, both traditional and web/social communications.
- Ability to multitask with superior organizational and project management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize and build effective internal and external relationships and rapport with a diverse group of stakeholders; managing projects, staff, consultants, PR agencies, and vendors.
- Exceptional writing, editing, oral communications and proof reading skills
- Experience with integrated CRM/CMS systems; databases such as Salesforce
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor
- Ability to work or attend occasional SA events on evenings and weekends
- Access to a reliable insured vehicle for external meetings, events, and material delivery
- Website and computer skills including experience with HTML, drupal, web ads and analytics
- Experience creating and editing graphics for print and web. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and tools, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar software.
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring a marketing plan.
- Spanish or other language speaking skills
- Send a cover letter specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications and a resume listing contact information for at least three references as a single document to Jeri Janowsky, Ph.D. Executive Director, Saturday Academy at email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “SA Marketing Coordinator”. Confirmation of the receipt of your email will be sent to the email address you use to submit your application. For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.