Type: Seasonal Temporary, Non‐Exempt
Hours: Monday ‐ Friday, 32 hours/week Dates: June 3 – August 16, 2019
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7,000 enrollments/year) experience hands‐on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life‐long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2‐12) and a high school internship program that is state‐wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering, math due to the fast pace of change in these fields and the demand for more technologically advanced education by the community.
The Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting SA programs both in the office and at summer camps/classes locations throughout Portland Metro area. Duties include: data entry, supply purchasing, preparation and delivery, science kit maintenance, software installation and assisting staff at class sites. Flexibility with assisting in tasks as they come up is essential in a busy summer environment. This position works closely with the Operations Department and reports to the Operations Coordinator. Open communication with all SA staff members is required.
- Enjoy helping people and have a commitment to education
- Excellent administrative computer skills including data entry proficiency, word processing and spreadsheet experience
- Ability to multitask and has superior organizational skills
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Access to a reliable vehicle for material delivery and current driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of books and supplies (up to 30 pounds each) and use handcarts to transport supplies in and out of vehicles, storage areas, or classrooms
- Experience interacting with diverse groups of people
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, researching, and working with computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of the Portland metropolitan area
- Send a cover letter addressing how you meet the required/preferred qualifications and a resume which includes 2‐3 references to Lisa Leonard, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org Use the subject line “SA Operations Assistant”. Confirmation of your submission will be sent to the email address you used to submit your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org.