Title: Operations Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday, 24-30 hours/week
Type: Part-Time; Temporary (June-September); Non-Exempt
This position may convert to full-time, benefits-eligible in October
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7,000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state-wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering, math due to the fast pace of change in these fields and the demand for more technologically advanced education by the community.
Portland Metro area. A vital member of our team, the Operations Assistant will wear many hats, and perform a variety of duties including: purchasing, preparing and coordinating classes supply kits, inventory management, HR support, Accounts Payable Support, software installation, answering phones, data-entry in Salesforce, assisting with set-up and breakdown at class sites, helping gather and analyze feedback surveys, supporting in-person and online events, and other duties as assigned. Flexibility with assisting as tasks come up is essential in a busy summer environment.
This position works closely with the Operations Department and reports to the Director of Operations and Finance. Open communication with all SA staff members is required. This position will provide program support for our ASE, SA2U and Summer Classes/Camps
- Trustworthy person who enjoys helping people and has a commitment to education
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- A good listener who communicates clearly
- Flexibility, creative thinking and a sense of humor
- Access to a reliable vehicle for material/supply delivery and current driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of books and supplies (up to 30 pounds each) and use handcarts to transport supplies in and out of vehicles, storage areas, or classrooms
- Experience interacting with diverse groups of people
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, researching, and/or working with computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of the Portland metropolitan area
- Ability to support HR and Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn how to use: QuickBooks, Salesforce, Google suite, Zapier, Formstack
- Send email us addressing how you meet the required/preferred qualifications and a resume at email@example.com. Use the subject line “SA Operations Assistant”. Confirmation of your submission will be sent to the email address you used to submit your application.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org.
Saturday Academy seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.