Title: Education and Engagement Operations Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Type: Full Time (40 hours per week); Non-Exempt; Benefits Eligible
Salary: $40,000 per year plus benefits
Saturday Academy seeks a broad spectrum of employees that reflect our community and those we serve. Saturday Academy is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. Saturday Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that helps thousands of youth experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) as well as a state-wide high school internship program placing students in some of Oregon’s most well-known businesses. We inspire children to pursue their curiosity, but concentrate our programming on topics in science, technology, engineering, arts and math. Saturday Academy strives to make our programs accessible to all and as an organization values Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Quality Programming/Student Experience, A Growth Mindset, Our Staff, and STEAM. Saturday Academy operates on a $1.6 million annual budget and is invested in building up the administrative and financial infrastructure to adequately support the growing organization.
The Education and Engagement Operations Assistant is a critical member of Saturday Academy’s team, responsible for supporting the administration of the day-to-day operations across all Saturday Academy programming. This position works with the Operations team to strategically plan and implement systems-oriented solutions to the administration of programs that serve the Portland community. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
60% Programming, 40% Administration
- Primary administrator for all Education and Community Engagement programming coordinating supply prep, resource management, and data analysis.
- Manage all registration intake, expense tracking, and administering contracts for teachers and facilitators. Work with Finance and Operations department to maintain appropriate departmental records for all transactions, participants, and hires.
- Ensure full onboarding for all new teaching artist hires.
- Administer student surveys and evaluations, processing and collecting programming data and metrics.
- Maintain all personnel databases as they relate to hiring, trainings, and human resources requirements.
- Schedules interview processes for open positions and supports application review for the ASE Program.
- First-point-of-contact for alumni communication in all programs.
- Office management related to answering phones, managing e-mails, data entry, file management, payroll processing, and accounts receivable and payable support.
- Install software programs and maintain functional tech resources for program use.
- Coordinates bus, transportation, and room support for Summer Programs.
- Strategic internship matching support and professional development coordination for staff and students.
- Function as Saturday Academy representatives at fairs, festivals, on-site and off-site programming as needed supporting recruitment and promotional efforts.
DESIRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Passionate commitment to the transformative power of hands-on learning.
- Flexible, trustworthy, creative thinker with a sense of humor
- Centers the student experience and prioritizes a staff culture of support.
- Demonstrates clear and warm written and oral customer service.
- Brings a “tech-savvy” mentality to working with computers, softer wards, and IT support issues.
- Detail-oriented, solutions-minded individual who thrives in establishing systems of support.
- Flexible and alive in situations where interacting with a wide variety of people is expected.
- Top-notch organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience or willingness to learn QuickBooks, Salesforce, Google suite, Zapier, Formstack, and other tools used by Saturday Academy
- Previous experience working with IT-related challenges, troubleshooting computer, hardware/software a plus.
- Access to a reliable vehicle for material/supply delivery and current driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of books and supplies, (up to 30 pounds each) and transport supplies in and out of vehicles, storage areas, or classrooms.
- Celebrate previous work experience in an educational or non-profit environment.
- This position does require reliable transportation access as it is a mobile position that liaises in community spaces with regularity.
- Review of Applications: November 10.
- The application window is now closed.
For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org.
- The Education and Engagement Operations Assistant is a full-time exempt position with receiving a salary of $40,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Saturday Academy provides coverage for medical, dental, vision, and LTD insurance.
- 401k plan with pre-tax or post-tax contribution eligibility and 3% employer match.
- Paid time off includes vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days.
- Saturday Academy employees currently work remotely. Elements of remote work are still possible as we transition into a hybrid work model.
- Saturday Academy employees receive discounts on programming for their immediate family.