The ASE Midsummer Conference is a chance for ASE interns to learn about college preparation as well as how to get ready for the ASE Symposium on August 14th. (This is a required event for all ASE interns.)
LOCATION: Link to join Midsummer Conference coming soon.
- 9:30 AM - Introduction - Libby Van Vleet, ASE Program Director, Saturday Academy
- 9:45 AM - College Preparation Seminar - Skip Rochefort, Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Oregon State University
- 11:00 AM - Break
- 11:15 AM - Symposium Preparation Seminar - Stacey Johnson, Middle School Science Teacher, Oaklea Middle School
- 12:00 PM- Closing Remarks
- Dr. Skip Rochefort is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering in the School of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering (CBEE) at Oregon State University. He has degrees in Chemical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts (B.S. 1976) Northwestern University (M.S., 1978), and the University of California at San Diego (Ph.D., 1986). His research interest is in the areas of polymer engineering and science, with a passion for K-12 outreach for the recruitment and retention of women and minorities in Engineering. He has been an ASE mentor for 23 years!
- Ms. Stacey Johnson is a science teacher at Oaklea Middle School. She has degrees from Oregon State University in Science and Math education (M.S., 2006) and Biology (B.S., 2005). She coaches three robotics teams as a member of the worldwide competitive First Tech Challenge robotics forum, and has been an ASE Teacher Monitor since 2015.