SA2U brings Saturday Academy’s hands-on, in-depth classes taught by community experts to your neighborhood organization or school. Do your students need support in a class topic, or how about an extra challenge? Our small class size, and test-free, curiosity-driven content, allows our instructors to meet students where they're at.
Currently, our classes are online only. Community organizations, schools or parents may schedule a class for their student group. Students groups range from 5 to 15 students.
Thanks to generous donors and sponsors, grant funding for classes with community based organizations is available. Financial aid is available to all students.
SA2U classes are:
- are open to any student attending the school or who are a part of the organization hosting the class
- are inquiry- and project-based classes that offer application of academic concepts in a supportive environment
- have no tests, homework or grades
- can be adjusted to accommodate specific academic ability levels and learning goals
- are taught by content-area experts (subject to instructor availability)
- support students in developing skills needed to meet Oregon State Benchmarks and standards
No tests, no grades, just curiosity!