SA2U brings Saturday Academy’s hands-on, in-depth classes taught by community professionals to your neighborhood organization, group or school. We now have an online catalog and will be running in-person classes with schools in summer 2021.
Community organizations, schools or parents may request a class for their student group (see details below). Students groups generally range from 5 to 15 students.
Thanks to generous donors and sponsors, grant funding for classes with community based organizations is available. Tuition assistance is also available to students in all of our classes.
SA2U classes are:
- are open to any student attending the school or who are a part of the organization hosting the class
- are inquiry- and project-based classes that offer application of academic concepts in a supportive environment
- have no tests, homework or grades
- are generally small with 5-15 students per instructor
- can be adjusted to accommodate specific academic ability levels and learning goals
- are taught by content-area experts (subject to instructor availability)
- support students in developing skills needed to meet Oregon State Benchmarks and NGSS standards
No tests, no grades, just curiosity!