Saturday Academy is committed to making it possible for all interested students to participate in our program regardless of financial circumstances.
Saturday Academy provides $100,000 in tuition assistance annually through its class registration process. Class fees are charged on a sliding scale based on household income. There is no application, no questions asked. We keep the process simple and as accessible as possible.
Funding is provided by our generous donors which include individuals and organizations committed to providing educational opportunities for students in Oregon and SW Washington.
Who is eligible for financial aid?
- Households with an annual income of less than $54,000;
- Students receiving free or reduced lunch.
Larger families with higher incomes or families facing special circumstances may also be eligible.
How do I apply for financial aid?
How does financial aid work?
- When you apply for a class or camp, your available financial aid by class is calculated before payment based on your income and the amount of financial aid that is available for that specific class.
If you need additional financial aid, call us at 503.200.5858.
In addition to financial aid, we have scholarship programs and discounts throughout the year based on grant and donor funding. Those programs include:
- Vollum Vouchers - free classes or camps for Native American students in grades 5-12 provided by the Howard Vollum Foundation.
- Coupon Codes - reduced tuition on specific classes or camps based on donor funding. Codes are distributed to families in need of assistance as funding is available.
- Chinook Book coupons - discounts available in the annual Chinook Book.