Your donation to Saturday Academy provides opportunities for students to explore their curiosity and find their passion. Below is a sample of letters that we get from parents and students every day after receiving financial aid or tuition assistance for a class.
- “This summer I was able to go to Club Med because someone like you made it possible and I want to really thank you! I came to Portland when I was really sick and stayed in Randall Children's hospital for nearly a year. When I was there, all sorts of people took care of me. After that, I decided that I would like to go into the medical field myself and help others. I think being a nurse would be really cool. The best part was that you opened a door for me and now I feel like anything is possible!”
- “As the single mom of a 13 year old boy who is wild about anything to do with computers, it has been such a blessing to be able to sign him up for computer classes through Saturday Academy, and be able to use the tuition assistance program. It can be really challenging to try to give your child these 'extras', when you're raising him on your own. Thank you so much for the tuition assistance program!”
- “I am so grateful that my son is able to participate in these classes he is a straight A student and education is extremely important to us, it's a way out of poverty. Thank you so much to the donors.”
- “Thank you for the time of my life. I could take robotics all day every day. I love it! I learn a lot. And I love my teachers! Thank you for making this opportunity available to me!!!!”
- “My 3 children have all taken Saturday Academy classes before. They never fail to come out having learned something new and gone more in-depth into a subject than school could ever do! But more importantly, they come out with a renewed love of learning. The teachers and classes at Saturday Academy invigorate them and their curiosity. Even if they don't go on to use their beginning programming skills or build a computer in later life, this sense of curiosity and learning will serve them well in whatever they choose to do. I can never say enough good things about Saturday Academy classes and the Tuition Assistance program has been vital in accessing this resource for my kids that I never would have been able to do otherwise.”
Your help makes all of this possible. Thanks so much for thinking of us and thank you for being a part of the Saturday Academy family.