Title: Interim Career Explorations Programs Associate
Hours: 20 hours per week Monday-Friday. Hours TBD.
Status of Work: Hybrid- Remote/ On-Site (One day a week + Specific Programming days in July)
Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $21 per hour, 20 hours a week, June 12, 2023 - September 30, 2023
*Dates can show flexibility as needed
Saturday Academy seeks a broad spectrum of employees that reflect our community and those we serve. Saturday Academy is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. Saturday Academy is an equal-opportunity employer.
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that helps thousands of youth experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and after-school programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades K-12) as well as a state-wide high school internship program placing students in some of Oregon’s most well-known businesses and research institutions. We inspire children to pursue their curiosity, but concentrate our programming on topics in science, technology, engineering, arts and math. Saturday Academy strives to make our programs accessible to all and as an organization values Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Quality Programming/Student Experience, A Growth Mindset, Our Staff and STEAM.
Saturday Academy operates on a $1.6 million annual budget and is invested in building up the administrative and financial infrastructure to adequately support the growing organization.
Saturday Academy seeks a proactive, collaborative, mission-oriented, critical-thinking individual to join a team of talented staff, educators, and Board Members in the role of Interim Career Exploration Programs Associate. The position offers a unique opportunity to leverage passion for workforce development, hands-on learning, administrative coordination, and community liaising. This position functions as a critical member of the Career Pathway Exploration team ensuring our Summer Apprenticeships in Science and Engineering is executed efficiently, warmly, and thoroughly. This position reports directly to the Career Exploration Programs Manager.
- Analyze and visualize ASE Applicant and Intern data for development and internal reporting purposes.
- Support the facilitation of virtual events as primary coordinator and liaison for:
- ASE Lunch and Learns
- Thought partner in planning in-person Midsummer Conference.
- Coordinate and orient volunteers for Midsummer Conference and Symposium.
- Communicate with ASE Interns regarding events and program deliverables.
- Inventory and organize deliverables as interns submit them.
- Organize end of summer packet preparation and mailing for ASE interns and mentors.
- Monitor primary email communication spaces for ASE Program.
- Ensure IT needs are met for ASE Summer Program.
- Participate in designated staff meetings.
- Function as summer administrative support interdepartmentally as needed.
- Coordination of possible alum event.
- Research longer range mentor and student recruitment opportunities.
DESIRED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Passionate commitment to the transformative power of hands-on learning.
- 1+ year of administrative support experience.
- Warm, open, and receptive to feedback.
- Previous experience in the Apprenticeships in Science and Engineering Programming a bonus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong familiarity of development reporting standards and narrative writing for grants.
- Superb organization of multiple projects and priorities.
- Proactive individual with a strong collaborative work ethic and the ability to work independently.
- Previous experience and commitment to work with multigenerational audiences and diverse cultural communities.
- Bring a social justice mindset to the work each day.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of books and supplies, (up to 30 pounds each) and transport supplies in and out of vehicles, storage areas, or classrooms.
- Send a cover letter reflecting on how you meet the required/preferred qualifications, a resume, and two professional references to email@example.com.
- Use the subject line “YOUR NAME- CEPAssociate Application”
- Review of applications will occur on an immediate rolling basis. We are actively recruiting for this position and encourage you to apply. DEADLINE: Friday, May 26. It will remain open until filled.
For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org.
- The Interim Career Exploration Programs Associate is a part-time exempt position receiving a rate of pay of $21 per hour for 20 hours a week for 20 weeks of employment.
- This position is entitled to our Sick Leave B Plan.
- Saturday Academy employees receive discounts on programming for their immediate family.