Saturday Academy is monitoring news of the COVID-19 epidemic carefully. We are following the Oregon Health Authority’s (OHA) recommendations for schools with regard to holding classes. We are committed to keeping students as safe as possible, and encourage you to help by following the OHA’s guidelines for families. These recommendations will also guide our refund policy. We monitor changes daily and will update this policy as circumstances dictate.
However, summer is still several months away! Our summer catalog is out and we encourage you to look forward to a summer of fun education. Please register! We will continue to monitor the situation and as we have always done in the past, if we have to cancel classes due to COVID-19, you will be informed and registrations will be refunded. Our class sizes are always small (less than 12), but if any further modifications are needed in order to hold a class, we will do so and let you know.
We are exploring online options for some classes; please stay tuned!
As school closures continue, and if we are permitted to have very small classes and can do so safely, please let us know if Monday-Friday camps at our SA Beaverton location would be helpful for your family, firstname.lastname@example.org. SA Beaverton is the only location that we manage, all other class locations are offered in partnership with a host institution.
The following Saturday Academy classes are cancelled:
- All classes at Portland State University and Oregon Health & Science University are cancelled through March.
- Spring break camps at SA Beaverton from March 23 - 27 are cancelled.
- All SA2U after-school classes running through March are cancelled. Spring classes may be rescheduled when schools open.
- All classes at University of Portland are cancelled through May.
CHANGES TO OUR REFUND POLICY DUE TO COVID-19:
- Saturday Academy’s normal policy is to require a doctor’s note for an illness-related refund. However, given the OHA's recommendations and guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus, if your child is being quarantined (including self-quarantine at home), we will refund the tuition paid.
- If Saturday Academy cancels a class, we will continue to offer a full refund of the tuition paid. During the COVID19 outbreak, this will include if the Oregon Health Authority asks us to suspend classes, or if the venues where we hold our classes restrict our use of their campus/site (e.g. Portland State University, University of Portland, OHSU, or local schools).
- All other aspects of our refund policy (see Cancellations/Withdrawals) remain the same.
Thank you for your understanding in this very difficult period. We wish all of our families and students good health during this time and always.