Saturday Academy is monitoring news of the COVID-19 epidemic carefully. We are committed to keeping students as safe as possible, and encourage you to help by following Oregon Healthy Authority's COVID - 19 Updates including tools and resources available to help families at this time. We monitor changes daily and will adapt as needed (see changes to our refund policy below).
As of May 15th, summer camps may re-open in Oregon per OHA's guidance. We are evaluating our sites and classes and encourage you to plan for a summer of fun education from late June through August. Please register! Camps are offered at a sliding scale based on household income. We will continue to monitor the situation and as we have always done in the past, if we have to cancel classes due to COVID-19, you will be refunded.
We are also exploring online options for some classes and expect to hold a free, experimental virtual class called Intro to Excel: Communicate with Data starting Tuesday, June 2nd. Stay tuned for more info about this class and others in comics, cybersecurity and coding coming soon!
We are proactively planning ahead to minimize risks at our summer camps and classes to be as safe as possible, including:
- Limiting class size to stable groups of 10 (our hallmark has always been small class sizes!)
- Making every effort to maintain 6 feet of distance between students where possible.
- Provide hand washing and/or hand sanitizing facilities to children and staff.
- Adhere to Oregon Health Authority's Guidance for School-aged Summertime Day Camps.
The following Saturday Academy classes are cancelled:
- All classes at Portland State University will be cancelled through through mid-June.
- All classes at University of Portland, Oregon Health & Science University, Pacific University, PCC Rock Creek, St. Mary's Academy, Mt. Hood Community College and Oregon Tech will be cancelled through the summer. We are working to reschedule some classes at SA Beaverton.
- All SA2U after-school classes running through spring are cancelled.
Note that SA Beaverton is the only location that we manage, all other class locations are offered in partnership with other organizations.
CHANGES TO OUR REFUND POLICY DUE TO COVID-19:
- Saturday Academy’s normal policy is to require a doctor’s note for an illness-related refund. However, given the OHA's recommendations and guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus, if your child is being quarantined (including self-quarantine at home), we will refund the tuition paid.
- If Saturday Academy cancels a class, we will continue to offer a full refund of the tuition paid. During the COVID19 outbreak, this will include if the Oregon Health Authority asks us to suspend classes, or if the venues where we hold our classes restrict our use of their campus/site (e.g. Portland State University, University of Portland, OHSU, or local schools).
- All other aspects of our refund policy (see Cancellations/Withdrawals) remain the same.
Thank you for your understanding in this very difficult period. We wish all of our families and students good health during this time and always.