Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate public health guidance to inform our programs.
We are offering limited camps, classes and internships both in-person and online in summer 2021. Safety remains our priority and our in-person activities will follow Oregon Health Authority's guidelines for youth programs.
Our summer program safety protocols include:
- Participants will wear masks, and during food/water breaks remain spread out from each other.
- Stay in their camp cohorts (max 12 -15 students).
- Respect physical distance guidelines of 6 ft apart.
- Activities will run in both indoor classrooms and outdoor areas. Indoor areas will have windows open where possible and in the event of wildfire smoke we'll bring in filtered fans.
- Participants will sign a COVID-19 acknowledgement of risk waiver before class/camp start and comply with temperature checks. Any individual who is symptomatic or feverish will be isolated and must be picked up from camp. Full refunds will be provided for cancellations due to COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- There will be no field trips by bus in 2021. Guest speakers will participate virtually.
- While camps will look different this summer, we're still excited to explore, build and create together!
Our Saturday Academy - to - You (SA2U) classes continue to be available online by request from schools, student groups and community organizations. Thanks to grants and donors, our SA2U classes are free to students from households with low-incomes.
Our Girls Engage Technology program is also going strong with class requests from Girl Scout troops across Oregon, the U.S. and even Germany!
Apprenticeships in Science & Engineering (ASE) will occur in both virtual and in-person settings. Participants will be required to sign a COVID-19 acknowledgement of risk waiver and adhere to the mentor organization's COVID protocols.
The safety of our students is our top concern. With this as our guiding principle, Saturday Academy will continue to monitor and adapt to the COVID-19 epidemic. We are committed to keeping students as safe as possible, and encourage you to help by following Oregon Healthy Authority's COVID - 19 Updates including tools and resources available to help families at this time.
CHANGES TO OUR REFUND POLICY DUE TO COVID-19:
- Saturday Academy’s normal policy is to require a doctor’s note for an illness-related refund. However, given the OHA's recommendations and guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus, if your child is being quarantined (including self-quarantine at home), we will refund the tuition paid.
- If Saturday Academy cancels a class, we will continue to offer a full refund of the tuition paid.
- All other aspects of our refund policy (see Cancellations/Withdrawals) remain the same.
Thank you again for your understanding in this very difficult period. We wish all of our families and students good health during this time and always.