Position: Education Coordinator
Salary: base of $38,000 (negotiable) + benefits
Benefits: Saturday Academy offers medical, dental, and short term disability benefits in addition to a 401k
matching program. Paid time off is based on tenure with the organization and includes accruals of sick and vacation hours.
Employment Status: Full time, exempt
Saturday Academy is an education nonprofit that develops creative, confident, and curious critical thinkers by engaging them in science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) experiences. We believe that education can change lives and provide opportunities. Our programming includes STEAM classes, camps, and internships. Being around people who see what is possible and are daily energized by the transformations that occur makes this an amazing position.
Saturday Academy is committed to racial equity across the organization: in our services to students, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our workplace culture. We are continually seeking to improve as an organization; candidates should know that justice, equity, diversity and inclusion is a cornerstone of our commitment to STEM education.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the SA2U (Afterschool) and GET programs, and providing support for the Open Enrollment class catalog. They are an integral member of the team at Saturday Academy and report to the Programming and Outreach Director. The ideal candidate resonates deeply with students from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- Coordinates the Saturday Academy 2 You classes program.
- Executes the Girls Engage Technology program, including direct instruction and/or recruitment and training of additional instructors.
- Supports Open Enrollment classes during the summer.
- Helps to plan and implement recurring classes and camps, as well as develop new classes in partnership with instructors.
- Recruits and screens instructors, sets up initial interviews and manages instructor relationships.
- Supports the coordination of professional development opportunities for instructors.
- Processes class evaluations and program data; communicates findings to the Programming and Outreach Director.
- Participates in events to support the Saturday Academy programming through community partnerships, instructor recruitment and expertise.
- Helps to streamline office processes to increase overall efficiency and quality of program.
We want to emphasize that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet every single position requirement, but do use your application to let us know what excites you about the role and what transferable skills or other qualities you would bring to the table!
- A self-motivated and creative individual who enjoys working with diverse populations and maintaining
- positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill; proven ability to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Willingness to collaborate with stakeholders to improve outcomes such as increased student engagement, development of new classes, or partnerships with community organizations.
- A demonstrated passion for inspiring children to learn.
- An active interest in technology and cutting edge science.
- Professional experience in the STEM or education fields (teaching, academia, or industry).
- Experience with or willingness to learn how to work with data & information using programs such as Salesforce.
- Experience coaching/managing/evaluating programs, part-time employees, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience with Justice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Understanding of the relationships youth may have with STEM based on class, race, lived experience and gender.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Access to a reliable vehicle (mileage reimbursed) and valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Please email a single pdf document containing a cover letter and resume or curriculum vita that lists contact information for at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the cover letter please describe how your experience meets the position duties, responsibilities and skills and any additional information that conveys your passion for education.
This program is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.
- Deadline to apply is April 2nd
- Phone interviews scheduled for the week of April 12th
- Candidate interviews, reference checks and offer April 19 - 23rd
- Ideal start date, May 12th