Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (www.saturdayacademy.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state-wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) due to the fast pace of change in these fields. Saturday Academy is affiliated with the University of Portland and our headquarters are on the University of Portland campus in North Portland.
The Classes Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Classes and SA2U (After-school) programs. S/he is an integral member of the team at Saturday Academy and reports to the Classes Director.
- Helps to plan and implement recurring classes, camps and new classes.
- Recruits and screens instructors, sets up initial interview and manages instructor relationships.
- Processes class evaluations and communicate findings to the Classes Director.
- Supports the coordination of professional development opportunities for instructors.
- Attends events to support the Classes program through community partnerships, instructor recruitment and expertise.
- Helps to streamline office processes to increase overall efficiency and quality of program.
- Assists in implementation of grant-funded opportunities.
- Data management for program planning and evaluation.
- A self-motivated and creative individual who enjoys working with diverse populations and maintaining positive working relationships with community partners.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- A passion for inspiring children to learn.
- Experience in STEM fields (academia or industry)
- Experience coaching/managing instructors and/or volunteers
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and get things done.
- Good computer skills, enjoys working with data and experience working in Salesforce or other CRMs.
- College education, BA/BS, comparable degree or equivalent experience.
- Access to a reliable vehicle (mileage reimbursed) and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Summertime is the busiest time for this program.
- Experience in computer science or technology field.
- Experience as an instructor in a STEM field.
- Experience in program evaluation.
- Advanced degree (MA/MS/MAT)
- Fluency in Spanish
Applicants should review this program in detail before applying. Please email a single pdf document containing a cover letter and full curriculum vita that lists contact information for at least three references to: Rachael Pecore-Valdez, Classes and Camps Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address in the cover letter how your experience meets the position qualifications and any additional information that conveys your passion for education.
This program is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.