Job Title: Summer Camp Assistant
Type: Temporary (June-August)
Salary: $15 per hour
Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7,000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering, math due to the fast pace of change in these fields and the demand for more technologically advanced education by the community.
Saturday Academy is seeking seasonal temporary Summer Camp Assistants to Camp Assistants provide, in-person, on-site assistance for week-long day camps and/or school-based classes at various locations in the Portland Metro area. The Summer Camp Assistant is a team player who is an outgoing, positive, role model. Must be a clear communicator who treats each child with respect, honesty and kindness. The camp assistant is responsible for daily student check-in and check-out, ensuring student safety, implementing COVID protocols including sanitation and reminders to wear masks, supporting camp activities, moving student groups between campus buildings, supervising student groups during breaks and lunches, leading movement activities, moving supplies, and other duties, as assigned, to assist instructors and Saturday Academy staff.
- Experience working with children in an educational/camp setting
- Ability to get to camp sites on time
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of books and supplies (up to 25 pounds each)
- Must be able to attend required half-day training in early June (date TBD)
- Must be available for full weeks Monday – Friday, between June 28th and August 6th (Schedules vary and
- assignments may be weekly or for the full summer depending on staffing needs and Camp Assistant’s
- First Aid/CPR certified preferred
- Training or experience in Trauma-Informed Education and equity and inclusion in the classroom preferred
- With the subject line “Summer Camp Assistant” please send a brief statement addressing the required qualifications and your resume to email@example.com
- Must pass a pre-employment fingerprint-based criminal background check. For further information visit our website at: www.saturdayacademy.org