Title: Finance Manager
Salary: base of $50,000 (negotiable)
Benefits: Saturday Academy offers medical, dental, and short term disability benefits in addition to a 401k matching program. Paid time off is based on tenure with the organization and includes accruals of sick and vacation hours.
Employment Status: Full time, exempt
Saturday Academy is an education nonprofit that develops creative, confident, and curious critical thinkers by engaging them in science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) experiences. We believe that education can change lives and provide opportunities. Our programming includes STEAM classes, camps, and internships. Being around people who see what is possible and are daily energized by the transformations that occur makes this an amazing position.
Like many organizations, Saturday Academy has been hit by COVID-19. As an organization we are taking time to assess how we are meeting our mission during challenging times, and are developing new strategies to adapt to the evolving education landscape. The Finance Manager will have an opportunity to collaboratively shape the vision for the organization.
Saturday Academy is committed to racial equity across the organization: in our services to students, in our workforce composition and practices, and in our workplace culture. We are continually seeking to improve as an organization; candidates should know that justice, equity, diversity and inclusion is a cornerstone of our commitment to STEM education.
The Finance Manager is responsible for AP/AR, payroll, invoices, budget monitoring and financial reporting for Saturday Academy. The position supports the creation of the annual budget, and the information for the annual audit, tax preparation, and filings for charitable registrations with the external auditor. This position manages finance and payroll through software vendors. The FInance Manager reports to the Executive Director. Close coordination and communication with all staff members is essential.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, and other transactions)
- Manage 401(k) contributions and payments
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and financial reporting
- Manage the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling
- Month and year-end closing
- Annual Audit
- Reporting through Salesforce (grants, tuition assistance, etc.)
- College education, BA/BS in accounting or comparable experience
- Enjoy helping people and have a commitment to education
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Experience developing budgets for an organization or grant proposals and grant expense reporting
- Experience preparing month-end reports (Balance sheets, income and expenses)
- Very strong Excel skills.
- Experience with MIP or other accounting software required.
- Experience with payment and database software (preferably Stripe and Salesforce)
- Ability to multitask with superior time management, organizational and financial management skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to problem-solve independently
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor
- Ability to work or attend occasional SA events on evenings and weekends
- A driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle for external meetings and events, (mileage reimbursed)
- Experience in a nonprofit organization
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a single pdf document containing a cover letter and resume or curriculum vita that lists contact information for at least three references to: email@example.com
In the cover letter please describe how your experience meets the position duties, responsibilities and skills and any additional information that conveys your interest.
This program is available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religion. Qualified individuals with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.