The writing stage is when you turn your ideas into sentences.
Introductory paragraph: this paragraph should be brief, perhaps two or three sentences.
- Introductory hook.
- Share some background information on yourself and what led you to apply to the ASE internship program.
- State your general qualifications for an internship.
Supporting paragraphs: this is the body of your cover letter; include one to three longer paragraphs.
- Expand upon your qualifications.
- Expand on why you are applying to ASE.
- Discuss the most relevant qualifications listed in your application in detail, telling a short story showcasing the use of these skills in previous experiences. Be as specific as possible, and refer the reader to your application for additional details.
- Write clear and simple sentences to express your meaning.
Concluding paragraph: this paragraph should be brief, perhaps two or three sentences.
- Be sure to express your excitement in having the opportunity to meet with them and discuss the possibility of working alongside them.
- Express your willingness to come to an interview or supply further information.
- Mention that you look forward to hearing from them.
- Close by thanking your reader for his or her time and consideration.